Sunday, January 16, 2011

Be thankful~

Okay so this weekend was run, run, run and be sick, sick , sick.  Fun times, fun times!!  We managed to wind our way through a Winter National Monster Truck Rally which was more winter and less rally than we expected.  We made the most of it though and had a good time spending the day with my husbands mother, sister and nephew.  Upon getting home the allergy monster set in for my husband which we kind of expected given all the fumes and dust at the rally but I felt so sorry for him.  We doped him up good and sent him to bed.

Today we have a Rainbow Vacuum guy in our house and let me just tell you...these things are fricking AMAZING.  Personally I would love to have one I think they are amazing and would help us out in several ways.  HOWEVER I can not justify, at this point purchasing one.  We have one house for sale and another not even started yet, new furniture we are saving for and a mini-vacation we would like to take this summer.  We were quoted a price of $2,300.00 for this machine which would probably last us the rest of our lives but seriously when or if I am ever between houses it would just sit in storage and what good would that do me.  I think though after seeing everything they can do today my husband is almost convinced to purchase one of these and fore go the central-vac in the new house.  I say whatever I am really indifferent but I will say - that freaking 2 hour demonstration really made me want to clean my house again...THAT THING WAS AWESOME!!

So anyway onto the real reason your here---the PROJECT!!
Between all the running and neither Ryan or I feeling the best this weekend I only worked part time on a couple of projects.  I did manage to finish one project that I had about half complete though, so that is what you are getting to see.  I know it's not Christmas themed and you'll probably see about 5 other project over the course of this year that aren't Christmas related either but none the less it is still a project.  I already had the letter printed out so I just cut for the ribbon and then fed it through and took a pic.  I like the way it turned out and plan on getting some Autumn foliage to go with it next fall.  I have more projects lined up and one that I am very excited about, I get to pull out the sewing machine for this one!!  I need to however get my butt to the Goodwill and get some old sweaters.  I am taking my mom that way tomorrow so we will see what happens!!


2 comments:

Dana Desmond said...

What are the letters? You didn't get a Cricut Imagine did you?

Mandy said...

No the letters I printed out from a website it was a free template and it says Give Thanks. I do not have a Cricut machine but mom bought one right before Christmas so I have been playing with it off and on.