Thursday, January 06, 2011

First five steps~

Okay so I was reading one of my favorite blogs today and Lisa was talking about organization and how as with anything you need to just start small.  She suggested that before this week is over you go through your house and find just five things that you have that are doing nothing but taking up space and get rid of them.  I am calling it the Lisa challenge and I WILL COMPLETE THIS TASK. 

I started thinking about all the STUFF I have in my house, I mean seriously stuff everywhere.  I have a hope chest full of "Tanner" stuff and he's only 13!!  I have a wardrobe full of stuff for the new house and we haven't even sold this one yet!  I have a closet full of craft stuff.....yeah okay I actually use that stuff but not as much as I should apparently.  I also have this old pie safe!?!  Hmmm!!  I had to take a picture and show you guys because this is where my Lisa challenge is going to come into play.  I have stuff I collect, stuff that was given to me, stuff that I decorate with, stuff that I haven't actually used in god knows how long.  However I must tell you I have issues.  I am not a hoarder per say, and I'm not a freak but I become very attached to items I own.  The cake stand, never used it but it was a wedding gift.  The two pixie lights, antiques and my very first purchases on ebay like what 10 years ago.  The shoe box, full of cups for the antique square punch bowl I bought several years ago and have never used.  The plates a small collection I would like to make bigger because I LOVE the color orange...love, love, love.  Okay do you see my problem here.  I might need to hit the closet with all the craft stuff to find my five items yet.

No comments: