Thursday, January 27, 2011

Closet smoker~

Okay so the hubs and I have been bickering back in forth which means no peace for momma which in turn means no crafting.  Let me EXPLAIN why we have been bickering!  My husband who has been smoking since the age of 16 quit smoking...or so I thought. 

Very rarely does this man flat out lie to me, he may avoided the subject all together but it's very uncommon for him to just lie.  Remember this it will help you later in the story :)  The later part of 2009 he convinced me to let him have LASIKS in turn he was suppose to quit smoking.  His rules NOT MINE, he thought this one up all by himself.  He did quit (once again I say...or so I thought) for what I am being told was several months.  Then his sister went through a health crisis that Ryan took very hard.  She was in the hospital for a couple of days had major surgery and had to have babysitters watch her every move and feed her meds for two weeks.  Ryan took all this very hard, understandable she is his baby sister and he was deeply concerned for her.  Contrary to popular belief he is a big'ol teddy bear.  A couple of weeks after that I started to notice his clothes smelling like smoke (he blamed it on the guys at work, all smokers), then we had random charges on the card for items (he called them snacks), then I noticed his hands smelled like smoke (no comment on that one he just told me I was crazy).  I finally trapped him in his own lie on New Years Eve he admitted he was smoking again, however I think the only reason he did this was because he was going to be drinking that night and wanted to smoke too.  He told me a bunch of lies....oh I only do it when I'm stressed, oh I only smoke two a day, oh I just started back up during deer season.  All lies I am sure!  Last week Tuesday he bought a pack of smokes on the card, then Thursday with the weather we were all trapped at home and he asked me to buy him another pack.  Then once again this morning when we stopped for gas another pack.  NO WAY IT IS ONLY TWO A DAY...do the math people.

I seriously think he needs help.  I'm pretty sure he would sell me and Tanner if he could get a carton of cigarettes out of the deal.  Nothing I say helps or changes him, he can't even follow his own rules!  What am I suppose to do here?

No comments: