Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Spirit of Christmas madness~~

SO here are a couple of random projects I worked on before Christmas and actually gave away as gifts.  I am not sure if the people they went to actually enjoyed them or not but in my own twisted worled I am going to pretend like they did and smile psychotically.  These are blocks that I made for my new little niece Paxton.  She was at the time 6 months old and slobbering on anything she could get her hands on.  I thought these would be pefect for her and I wasn't far from the truth.  As my SIL was pulling them out of the bag Paxton was grabbing them and shoving them in her mouth.  There are six total two of each design.
 This was made for my MIL and FIL.  They have always told our children that they love them to the moon and back.  They bought the book and have read it to them several times.  A couple of years ago I purchased a small pillow for my bed that says "To the moon and back" and got in a little bit a trouble because I had only bought one.  In my defense it was a chance sighting another one of those "GOD'S WILL" moments on Ebay no less so I jumped on the deal and got it.  We were all kind of involved with this.  Heather picked out her kids pictures, Tanner picked out his own, Ryan picked out the frame, I put everything together.  We decided to leave all the lettering which we cut out on a Cricut a little askew to make it look more childish.  I would have really like to have each of the kids sign a placard under their picture but I think we ran short on time.  It still turned out cute!
 Every year for Tanner's Godparents I try to do a gift basket of some sort.  This year I got a little carried away.  I cute the lettering out on the Cricut and glued it to the tub.  The tub contained two Christmas mugs, hot chocolate for two that I bought from Hallmark (yes I know, shame on me), homemade turtles, homemade carmel popcorn, one mason jar of monster cookie mix, one mason jar of peanut butter brownie mix, a Christmas card and a school picture.  I also deco'd the bags that I put the popcorn in and they turned out really cute.  Whew I had a busy Christmas! 

No comments: