Monday, January 10, 2011

Mmmm, Hmmm~

WE HAVE SNOW!!  YAY SNOW!!  So tomorrow my son gets a snow day and me...well my husband brought home a work truck tonight so we can for sure make it in tomorrow.  How considerate of him! 

Well in all my surfing today and looking at cool stuff on other peoples sights I found this!  How cool is that!  Angie over at The Country Chic Cottage gives a whole tutorial on how to make a sheet music letter.  I love it and I want one.  I think I might go a little out on a limb though and just purchase a letter at Hobby Lobby and cover it in either sheet music or cardstock.  I am going to buy a T since Tanner is the music man in the house.  We can put it in his new room after we get the house built....if that ever happens!?


I gotta tell ya I am a super big sucker when it comes to my family name or big'ol M's.  We have this huge monstrosity that currently hangs in our living room and I LOVE it.  I purchased it on Ebay and I barely won it at the last minute from some chic named Psycho-bidder, not even kidding!  The guy I purchased it from was nice enough to let me know that it was part of a motel sign in Lake Placid, New York.  The motel was torn down in order to make room for a new high rise.  I love history but I love this big M more :)


2 comments:

Dana Desmond said...

I did this with the word "Family." I'm not finished yet. I want to add some embellishement, but they have to have meaning, so still collecting items to add.

I posted a picture of this on my blog a few months ago.

Mandy said...

Well we are apparently now doing this with Tanners name. We picked out really cute paper for it and one of these next weeks I will get it done :)